One of my favorite things about being an ECHL fan is seeing a player work his way up the ladder to the big time. As excited as I was when Flick scored a hat trick in the AHL, seeing Anton Khudobin play in his first NHL game was amazing. First, a little flashback...
Sadly, I wasn't able to catch most of the game, luckily the hockey gods were smiling down on me. I got home from class, turned on my TV, found the game on center ice, and a few minutes later Khudobin was in net. I can't describe how happy I was without embarrassing myself.
And so, in honor of Anton Khudobin's first NHL game and victory I'm dedicating these Friday Links to him (and his adorable dimples), enjoy!
- The Third Intermission (my favorite Aeros blog) has a first hand account from someone at the game, as well as an interview and awesome videos.
- Michael Russo, a must read writer if your interested in the Wild, has two different re-caps. His blog piece is here. And his story in the Star Tribune is here.
- Hockey Wilderness has a re-cap that name drops the Everblades (I'm aware of how lame I am for being excited about that).
- There is a little mention in the honorable mention section in this Puck Daddy post.
- I'm tempted to buy this team Kazakhstan jersey now...
- Or this signed team Russia photo.
The Blades take on the Checkers again tonight at 7:00. I'll be tweeting as I listen to the radio broadcast, so check back.